Mechanical Engineering Depth Indicators of Pneumatic Vehicles

Mechanical Engineering Depth Indicators of Pneumatic Vehicles


Pneumatic tires are a critical component of vehicles, and understanding their reliability and durability is important for mechanical engineering. Recent research by Akbarov et al. focused on analyzing the deformation and tread wear of pneumatic tires under operating conditions. Their goal was to provide a theoretical and experimental basis for improving the reliability of tires and reducing costs.

Reliability Indicators for Tires

The accuracy and reliability of car tires are defined by standards that outline durability, preservation, stability, and other indicators. Complex reliability indicators describe multiple aspects like the probability of failure-free operation over time.

Equations can determine the probability a tire operates without failure after a certain time period. Data on tire condition after 500 hours showed a 74.1% probability of uptime. Consequently, the probability of failure was 25.9% for that duration. Similar calculations with multiple units show how overall system reliability depends on individual component reliability.

Normal and exponential distributions model tire life statistically between failures. Normal distributions work well for tire wear over time. Exponential distributions suit constant failure rate systems. Quantile analysis of distributions provides failure probability estimates.

Determining Tire Life and Reliability

With a normal distribution, the mean time to failure and standard deviation characterize tire life. Given these parameters, integration calculates uptime probability for a time period. Or quantiles give time for a specified probability.

For example, with an 800-hour mean and 200-hour standard deviation, the probability of 400-hour uptime is 97.656%. A similar analysis provides 96.47% 750-hour reliability. Quantiles determine 638 hours for 90% reliability and 100 hours for 99% reliability.

Exponential and Weibull distributions also model tire reliability. Using distribution parameters in equations gives probabilities for different times. Weibull distribution is common for mechanical components. It provided 48% 1000-hour reliability with sample parameters. The 250-hour failure probability was 9.43%. The 99% uptime life was 100 hours.


Predicting pneumatic tire deformation and reliability is key to improving vehicle performance. Probability and statistical distribution models allow for assessing failure risk and component life. Quantile analysis determines the times to reach target reliability levels. These methods help optimize tire design, replacement intervals, and costs. Mechanical engineering leverages modeling and data analysis to enhance complex systems like tire durability.

Source of Information:

Saydulloxon, A. ., Mahliyo, J. ., Dilshoda, X. ., & Mahmudjon, M. . (2023). Mechanical Engineering Depth Indicators of Pneumatic Vehicles. Best Journal of Innovation in Science, Research, and Development, 2(2), 76–81. Retrieved from

Next Post Previous Post